Welcome Home to Essa!
Thinking about buying a home in the Essa Area?
Essa is a township in Simcoe County located southwest of Barrie, Ontario. The Main communities that make up the township are Angus, Thornton and Baxter. Angus is the largest, located in the north western part of the township and neighbouring the Canadian Forces Base Borden.
Other smaller communities are Cedargrove, Colwell, Egbert, Elmgrove, Hoe Doe Valley, Ivy, Utopia and West Essa.
Good to Know
- Approx. 100 km from Toronto, and 15 km from Barrie.
- Motto: “Where Town & Country Meet!”
- Neighbors the Canadian Forces Base Borden
- Current Mayor is Terry Dowdall
- Current MP is Kellie Leitch and current MPP is Jim Wilson
- Numerous small parks including Glen Eaton Park, Peacekeepers Park, Angus Community Park and Dellwood Park.
- Minesing Wetlands Conservation Area & The Utopian Conservation Area
Health & Safety
- Essa has two Fire Stations, Station One in Thornton and Station Two in Angus.
- Close to Royal Victoria Hospital in Barrie and Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston.
- Angus Morrison Public School (Angus)
- Pine River Elementary School (Angus)
- Baxter Central Public School (Baxter)
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic School (Angus)
- Nottawasaga Pines Secondary School (Angus)
Arts, Entertainment & Dining
Commerce Plaza and Angus City Plaza both located in Angus. More shopping easily accessible in nearby Barrie: Georgian Mall and Kozlov Shopping Centre. Winners, Shoe Company, Canadian Tire, Costco and more also located in Barrie at highway 400 and Mapleview Drive.